Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Frugally Faux.....and Fabulous

Even in this time of economic downturn, we still need jewelry. And it doesnt have to be expensive or an expression of status. Real or fake, who really cares? A big chunky crystal cocktail ring can look just as fabulous as a 2 carat precious stone...and at least you can wear it without worrying if it's going to fall into the drain in the ladies whilst washing your hands! On the other hand, if you have a few precious pieces, why not wear them with your favorite well worn tee shirt and ripped up jeans.....fabulously shabby chic!

As for jewelry designs, it isn't just always about a well-crafted piece(don't get me wrong, that is important) but also about the 'fashionability' of the piece. Whether it's modern , vintage, retro, classic or made out of glass, lucite, crystal, leather, fabric or plastic...... isn't it all fashion anyway?

Some of my favorite pieces are ones that sit hovering between really gaudy and really fabulous. And I think it's great if you can wear a piece in different ways depending on your mood or confidence level on a particular day ( some days are better than others!). Sometimes the stretch choker I would normally wear around my neck, I might decide to fling around my boot ankle....why not?! Some days you feel like making an entrance, a bit of jingle, jangle!

No comments:

Post a Comment